The Boom Team – Megan Ferris, Terry Waggoner and Todd Ferris – has shared numerous ideas to help Illinois REALTORS® members grow their businesses. In fact, the trio produced several free videos and free podcasts that can be accessed for a limited time – through the month of June.
However, before you watch the videos or listen to the podcasts, the Boom Team has these tips if you are considering using video to connect with consumers:
- Be yourself – Your friends and family love you for who you are, so don’t try to be someone else. Be authentic and own it!
- Know your audience – Consider who is most likely to view this video and cater to them. Make sure the information and delivery is relevant to the person watching, which may change depending on the video content and the way you use it.
- Give value – Don’t make it about you; make it about your audience. The more value you can give them, the more loyal your audience will be and the more it will grow.
- Study up – You don’t have to spend years studying or cash out your savings to create solid video. However, spending a little time watching basic tutorials on YouTube to learn proper lighting, audio and composition techniques will go a long way.
- Just get started – Stop wasting time and get started. Video is king and if you want to be relevant in your marketing, you need to utilize it. There is no better time than NOW!
Members of the Boom Team are owners/operators of Ferris Property Group and they co-host the Boom Real Estate Podcast, which helps agents build their businesses. Also, Dustin Brohm is a HousingWire columnist, national speaker, host of the Massive Agent Podcast and the Industry Connected Show and is a real estate marketing and lead generation coach. Watch their videos or download and listen to the podcasts they produced for Illinois REALTORS®.