Seeing value in ‘green’ residential properties
There is a market for homes with energy efficient and high performance features, according to the “2021 REALTORS® & Sustainability Report – Residential,” by the National Association of REALTORS®. Some of the findings include:
- 82 percent said properties with solar panels were available in their markets and 40 percent said homes with solar panels raised perceived property values.
- 65 percent of respondents said energy efficiency promotion in listings was very valuable or somewhat valuable.
- 55 percent said customers were at least somewhat interested in sustainability.
- 36 percent reported that their MLS has green data fields that they used to promote green features and energy information.
- 22 percent said they’d been involved with properties with “green” features.
The most popular features consumers seek included: windows, doors, siding, proximity to frequently visited places and a comfortable living space. For more details, go to: bit.ly/NAR_SustainabilityReport_2021