Legal Update on May 18 to focus on emerging issues, multiple sales offers and the next phase of the state’s reopening
It’s a red-hot housing market where multiple offers have become the norm, deals are moving fast and buyers and sellers are anxious to get transactions done. But REALTORS® must be mindful of the some of the legal issues this particularly competitive housing market presents from putting in the offer to closings and commissions.
Join Illinois REALTORS® General Counsel Betsy Urbance and Legal Hotline Attorney Anneliese Fierstos at 11 a.m., May 18 for a virtual Legal Update. The session is free and for Illinois REALTORS® members.
Betsy and Anneliese will cover issues related the state’s post-pandemic reopening and the latest trends that affect you and your business including:
- The importance of educating buyers and sellers about the ins and outs of multiple offers.
- The perils of using escalation clauses to make your offer stand out.
- Determining who is the procuring cause in some scenarios.
- The license rules that apply when you want to add property management as a side gig.
- Rules about virtual offices, independent contractor status, exclusive buyer brokerage agreements and more.
- PLUS, get an update on what you need to know as Illinois moves into the Bridge Phase of the state’s COVID-19 mitigations.
Have another question? You may submit a question to Betsy and Anneliese to answer during the session. Submit your question here.
Register now and reserve your spot for this member update!