Illinois REALTORS® 2021 Leadership Development Class met in Springfield this week
A dozen members of Illinois REALTORS® 2021 Leadership Development Class learned about association governance, legislative process, management, committees, fiduciary duties and conducting effective meetings Tuesday and Wednesday in Springfield.
Participants heard presentations from Illinois REALTORS® staff members and guest speaker Shannon Buss, President of the Rhode Island REALTORS®. They even had a visit by the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln. Also on hand were the chairman and vice chair of the Leadership Development Working Group respectively, John LeTourneau and Carrie Little.
Members of the 2021 class include:
- Natalee Dismuke, Realty One Group Excel in Aurora;
- Ryan Elwell, RE/MAX Realty Associates in Champaign;
- Ashley Heilman, Welcome Home Northwest Illinois Inc., in Lena;
- John Lawrence, Berkshire Hathaway HomeService in Oak Park;
- Gloria Lin, 5i5j Realty Co., Ltd., in Buffalo Grove;
- Megan Oswald, Coldwell Banker Realty in Chicago;
- Karen Parent, RE/MAX Suburban in Glen Ellyn;
- Jaci Peters, Jim Maloof Realty in Peoria;
- Christopher Pezza, Pezza Properties in Elmhurst;
- Shaun Pinkston, Keller Williams ONE Chicago;
- Patricia Romke, Realty ONE Group Excel in Aurora; and
- Vicki Silvano, Baird & Warner in Chicago.
The class will gather several more times this year for program modules, culminating in a final project in January 2022.
Find out more about the state association’s Leadership Development Program now.