Continue to honor women leaders, scientists, authors, athletes, actresses, entrepreneurs and more throughout Women’s History Month.
Illinois REALTORS® offers numerous ideas for recognizing great women of the past, present and future who help us be united, strong and resilient. See if you can think of any other activities you could be part of in your community:
- At 5 p.m. March 15, watch a free online screening of the second episode of the POV miniseries “And She Could Be Next,” organized by the National Women’s History Museum. Female filmmakers of color tell the story of female candidates and organizers of color who are changing American politics today. Learn about Stacey Abrams of Georgia, Bushra Amiwala of Illinois, Rashida Talib of Michigan and others, then join the filmmakers for questions and answers after the screening. Register now.
- Read a book about a woman from Illinois such as poet Gwendolyn Brooks, actress Betty White, former presidential candidate and first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, social activist and Nobel Peace Prize winner Jane Addams, feminist Betty Freidman or Olympic track and field medalist Jackie Joyner Kersee.
- Participate in the virtual SIU Education and Empowerment Conference on Women March 26 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. The cross-disciplinary event is designed to inform and empower through roundtable discussions, research presentations and a variety of personal and professional development workshops. Learn more.
- Support a woman-owned business in your own Illinois community.
- Join a local chapter of the Women’s Council of REALTORS®.