April 1 deadline looms for REEF Daniel L. Goodwin Scholarship applications
Illinois residents who’ve won Youth of the Year Awards from local Boys and Girls Clubs must submit their applications by April 1 to be considered for 2021-2022 REEF Daniel L. Goodwin Scholarships.
Applications and accompanying materials must be submitted online. In addition to a typed, signed statement of less than 1,000 words, applicants need to supply:
- a copy of their Youth of the Year Award,
- official high school and college transcripts and
- letters of recommendation from two people in the following categories – Boys and Girls Club representative, instructors, employers or other prominent individuals. Get your application now.
The number of scholarships awarded will be determined by REEF, and scholarships may be used for college or university expenses, including tuition, room and board, texts and materials.
Scholarships will be awarded using the following criteria:
- Applicant’s record of scholastic achievement, including academic grade point average,
- Applicant’s economic need or situation,
- References and recommendations by Boys and Girls Club representatives, instructors, employers or other prominent individuals.
REEF is a not-for-profit organization established to aid and promote the work of real estate education throughout Illinois. The foundation is supported by voluntary contributions from organizations and individuals who recognize the importance of furthering academic experience and training in the real estate industry in Illinois.
Other scholarships with April 1 deadlines
REEF offers seven other scholarships with April 1 deadlines: Academic Scholarship, George Patt Scholarship, James M. Kinney Scholarship, Morgan L. Fitch Scholarship, Parker R. Oldenettel Scholarship, Richard “Dick” Wiegers Scholarship and Thomas F. Seay Scholarship.
Since 2000, REEF has awarded 1,088 scholarships worth $803,150 in scholarships to real estate professionals and their families. For more information and applications, go to ilreef.org/scholarship/.